Fashion Tech Investment Watch List
Investment in digital fashion exploded in 2021, with YTD cumulative investment being over 1.3x that of entire 2020. To make sense of where money is flowing, let’s first organize investment recipients into a few key buckets:
- Livestream Shopping: One-to-many product showcase broadcasts (think a digitally native QVC). There is so much activity here that we had to make a dedicated watch list
- Video Shopping: One-to-one appointments with sales associates, mirroring an in store experience
- Digital Clienting: Broad set of client management software tools that optimize e-commerce UX and drive conversion
- Sharing Economy: Platforms / tools that enable P2P product resale
- Virtual Clothing: Wide range of new apparel / accessory products that live in AR, videogames, metaverses, & NFTs
- Extended Reality: Virtual try-on and store walk throughs
- Data: AI that creates custom user profiles and makes personalized smart product recommendations
- Logistics: Smart supply chain, fulfillment, warehousing, and shipping
With everything exciting going on in fashion tech (Roblox activations, NFTs, creator curated clothing) we expect many more deals to add in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned for more.
Enjoy the findings!
Last Updated: September 22, 2021
Sources: Vogue Business, Crunchbase, public company filings, company press releases, and industry trades
Ping us here at anytime. We love to hear from our readers.