🎊Celebrating RockWater’s 2022 Client Wins and 28 Content Publishings
December 14, 2022 by Chris Erwin
Happy Holidays! As we wind down the calendar year, we’re taking time to reflect on 2022. Below is a breakdown our 2022 editorial highlights. Take a quick look through the list, find one interesting content nugget, and share it with a friend in your network.
Have a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season!
Onward into 2023,
Chris, Founder of RockWater
🚀 Meme Cleanser 🚀
📈 2022 Company Highlights 💼
- Advised a creator-based live commerce platform on their creator fund and G2M strategies
- Built an M&A roadmap and sales plan for a creator-brand marketplace
- Assisted a creator-led beauty platform with their fundraising strategy and investor collateral
- Audited financial reporting and forecasting for an int’l media co and used findings to recommend new team reorg and revenue gen ideas to spur biz growth in 2023 and beyond
- Market research for Web3 platform to better understand opportunities in the intersection between Web3 and Gaming
- Built a financial model to evaluate if a SaaS biz should build hardware to accelerate product adoption. Delivered 500+ qualified sales leads to expand BD pipeline and meet needs for G2M integrations
- Crafted a peer benchmarking analysis to inform how a digital-native prod co can best enter new content and buyer categories
- Launched 13 new advisory offerings for exec clients. Check some key ones out here! The rest can be found throughout our website’s content page
- Employed 8 undergraduate interns from universities including Baruch, University of Chicago, Northwestern, Penn, USC, Wake Forest, and Columbia
- RockWater alumni landed roles at companies like McKinsey, Bain, Altman Solon, KeyBanc Capital Markets, MediaLink, and more
- Hosted 2 executive events in LA, including our largest panel + networking event to date with over 50 guests who came together to discuss all things livestream commerce
📚 2022 Editorial Highlights 🎧
📸 Creator Economy & Live Commerce 🛒
- How Practical Are Livestream Shopping Applications for Whole Person Health & Wellness?
- How Elon Musk’s $8 Blue Checkmark Subscription Strategy is a $9B Opportunity for Twitter
- 3 Innovations Social Incumbents Must Pursue to Win the “Livestream Commerce Wars”
- What New Tech Will Solve the Challenges for US Livestream Shopping?
- Livestream Commerce: How New Stakeholders Will Close the $436 Billion Gap with China
- Why Sticky Habits Will Unlock Billion $$ Potential of US Live Shopping Market
- 5 FAQs On Livestream Shopping
- Pod: James Creech — Paladin CEO on Selling to Brandwatch, Influencer SAAS, and Recasting Your Success
- Pod: Brendan Gahan — CSO at Mekanism on YouTube in 2005, Selling Epic Signal, and Your First 100 Drafts
- Pod: Sarah Penna — Creator Launch Exec at Patreon on Her $15 Million Exit, Marrying a YouTuber, and Betting on Creators
🥽 Web3, Gaming, Metaverse, eSports 🎮
- How eSports Revenue Models Will Drive the $600B Global Sports Market (Pt. 1)
- eSports Leagues and Game Publishers – Monetization Playbook (Pt. 2)
- eSports Revenue Potential in Creator Economy and Web3 (Pt. 3)
- 2022 Web3 Prediction: Digital Goods with High Consumer Utility Will Rise to the Top
- Adam Rymer — CEO at OpTic Gaming on 1980’s Internet Nerds, Adapting to Napster, and the Future of Esports
- Taehoon Kim — CEO of nWay on Raising $90M, Selling to Animoca, and Gaming x Web3
🎥 New Hollywood 📺
- Zach Blume — Co-Founder of Portal A on 2006 Web Series, the Wheelhouse Investment, and Building with Your Childhood Friends
- Mike Grisko — CFO at Atmosphere on Raising $150M, Becoming a 2x Founder, and the Future of TV for Business
- 2022 Prediction: Riches in Niches and the 40% of Non-Whites
🍔 Food & Beverage 🍹
- Camila Victoriano — Founder of Sonoro on Building LA Times Studios, Latinx Podcast Innovation, and Following the Story VS the Medium
🏈 Sports ⚽
- 2022 Prediction: Why Was $20B Invested in Sports Leagues and Teams in 2021? And What’s Next For this Soon-To-Be $825B Industry?
- Michael Cohen — CEO at Team Whistle on Wall Street to Digital, Scaling $0-100M, Leadership, and Exits
🏠 Misc 💰
If these insights are relevant to projects you’re working on, ping us here. We love talking all things media / tech / commerce!