Strategy Analyst Intern (Part Time)
RockWater is an intensely skilled and passionate team that services the world’s most ambitious and invested leadership at nextgen consumer brands. RockWater advisory clients span international conglomerates (Google, YouTube, ViacomCBS, Mitsui & Co, XL Media), upstart digital brands (Conan O’Brien-Team Coco, Whistle Sports, AtmosphereTV), Hollywood producers (FilmNation, Scott Brothers Global) and more.
WHAT WE DO: Strategy advisory and intelligence for Media / Tech / Commerce companies. Think of us as a specialist VC fund, investment bank, management consultancy, and market research firm all under one roof.
Our project-specific experience includes livestream commerce, audio and digital IP build-out, OTT distribution, social selling, subscription models, media MVP planning, ad sales / branded content solutions, direct-to-consumer, cross-border investment diligence, high-growth investment targets, capital raise preparation, and more.
We are a fast-growing lean enterprise with grand ambitions, and seek an extraordinary team that strives for mission excellence. We currently seek individuals to bolster our strategy advisory via high caliber project execution.
RockWater has built a special team of founders, operators, investors, and thought leaders to bring a differentiated POV to its clients and the industries it serves.
ROLE: Strategy Analyst Intern. Part Time. Remote Work.
Greatness comes in many forms. Excited to see where yours comes from.
- Strong quantitative skills, analytical mindset, and preference for data driven decision making
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business management, or related fields.
- Passionate familiarity with media-tech-commerce.
- Ambitious work experience; diverse internships or career track growth. Prior corporate strategy, business development, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or consulting experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office/Google Apps expert. Can make stellar presentations decks and robust financial models.
- Self-starter and builder mindset. We value goals-based leadership over micro management.
- Polished presence…you will present to us in your interview process.
Our work is fast evolving as we grow, and execution adaptability is critical. Below are our priority needs.
- Preparation and presentation of client pitch and strategy advisory materials (decks, models, briefings).
- Develop client relationships ‘throughout the bench’. Initiate and nurture new industry relations.
- Financial and operational modeling. Quantitative rigor reinforces our ideas and our clients love us for it.
- Ongoing market research and intelligence. Keep the team and clients smart/current.
- Thoughtful contributions to internal discussions and client interactions. Have a POV and regularly refine it.
- Systems management: maintain and enhance our internal protocols and databases.
- Flexible admin: note-taking, meeting preparation, scheduling, business systems, event planning, etc.